The Children’s Bureau of New Orleans will present its inaugural Children’s Hero Awards Friday, October 25 at Calvin and Frances Fayard’s home, known as the “Wedding Cake House,” at 5809 St. Charles Avenue.
“The awards program was created to celebrate individuals who have shown an extraordinary commitment to children in metro New Orleans and to raise awareness around the mental health challenges many children in our community face,” says Jaimmé A. Collins, Children’s Bureau board chair.
Honorees for the inaugural event include:
- Karen B. DeSalvo, MD, MPH, MSc, Health Commissioner, City of New Orleans
- Norman C. Francis, PhD, President, Xavier University of Louisiana
- Stephen W. Hales, MD, Pediatrician
- Judge Calvin Johnson (Ret), Executive Director, Metropolitan Human Services District
- Michael Lewis, Team Ambassador/Alumni Player, New Orleans Saints
- Charles L. Rice, Jr., President & CEO, Entergy New Orleans, Inc.
- Sally Ann Roberts and Cathy Harris, Co-founders, Each One Save One
- Norma Jane Sabiston, President of Sabiston Consultants
- Alison Salloum, PhD, LCSW, Developer, Grief and Trauma Intervention for Children, University of South Florida
- Jackie Curtis Silverman, Founder, New Orleans Women’s Shelter
- Warner Williams, VP, Chevron North America, Gulf of Mexico Business Unit
Liberty Bank has signed on as the title sponsor for the event. “Liberty Bank is honored to serve as the title sponsor of the inaugural Children’s Hero Awards,” says Todd McDonald. “The continued development of mental health services for children in our community is critical, and we are committed to supporting efforts that advance this important cause.”
The event will take place from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. Entertainment will be provided by Mia Borders and James Andrews.
The following sponsorship packages are available. We'll have a link up soon for you to sign up online! In the meantime, you can call Amy Collins at (504) 525-2366 for more information.
___$10,000 Super Man Title Sponsor -Logo incorporated into custom event logo as such: Children’s Bureau of New Orleans Children’s Hero Awards presented by Sponsor, 30 Tickets, Event logo and premier placement in all Event Materials, Opportunity to Host Meet & Greet Event, and Opportunity to Speak at the Awards Event.
___$7,500 Wonder Woman Sponsor - Includes 20 Tickets, Listing in Invitation, Acknowledgement in Event Program & Website with Logo and Link to Your Website
___$5,000 Batman Sponsor – Includes 16 Tickets, Listing in Invitation, Acknowledgement in Event Program & Website with Logo and Link to Your Website
___$2,500 Cat Woman Sponsor - Includes 10 Tickets, Listing in Invitation, Acknowledgement in Event Program & Website with Logo and Link to Your Website
___$1,500 Spider Man Sponsor - Includes 6 Tickets, Listing in Invitation, Acknowledgement in Event Program
___Individual Tickets - $125 per person
___Young Professionals (35 years & under) - $75 per person